Have you ever questioned your outer beauty?
If you have, you really should not. That is seriously not okay since we are all beautiful in each of our unique ways.
There are so many types of people in the world, each different with their face, skin color, hair, etc. all combining to create a whole human being.
Have you ever thought about why different people have different skin colors? Why are not all people fair or black or brown?
Well, the reason we all have various skin colors is an evolutionary result of sunlight damaging human skin. In fact, all know that “melanin” is the chemical compound that protects our skin from damage from sunlight.
Furthermore, the melanin is evolution’s way of scattering the rays of UV light before they can harm your DNA. For instance, some people have dark body hair, which is also a way of evolution to protect the skin from UV rays.
The fact is, it does no matter which type of skin color you have naturally, you always have the option to go for tanning if you want! Nowadays, there are so many tanning oils readily available in the market, all claiming to be the best one.
Now how will you choose the right one amongst all those?
Well, you need not worry at all! Since we have taken the liberty to draw up a reliable article filled with all the information you need to determine which one to get!
Here in this review article, we will talk about the best tanning oil for a tanning bed, best tanning oil for sensitive skin, best tanning oil for pale skin, best tanning oil for the beach, best tanning oil for sunbath and all other related aspects to tanning oils.
Best Tanning Oil Collection For You
To tell you the truth, every one of us wants that perfect tanned look. With that in mind, different sellers in the market keep offering various types of tanning oils.
Consequently, there is so much variety in the industry that it really is challenging to find the perfect one!
Truthfully, we all look for the one, right? Indeed you want the one tanning oil that would perfectly complement your look. Yet almost all of us spend hours and hours browsing, going through thousands of articles, and what not just to find the best one you can trust!
Trust us; we know your struggle. Therefore, in this article, we have put together the 10 Best Tanning Oil You Should Try in 2020. Here, we have used the most authentic sources, reviews, and recommendations from people all over the globe; everything just for you!
Without a doubt, tanning oil controls the potency of the sun’s UV rays. Hence, using tanning oil before sunbath can help you to protect your skin.
All the more reasons behind why you need to choose the best suitable tanning oil with your skin!
After all, our aim is to help you find the perfect tanning oil without having to think too or doubt the purity of the oil. Obviously, we do not want you to regret your purchase!
Apart from this, beauty experts say that with moderately tanned skin and gold ball earrings match perfectly. You can check our best gold ball earrings review article here to get the ideal one for yourself.
1. Best Tanning Dry Oil Spray – Bronzing Intensifier by Australian Gold
We know how stressful managing personal and professional life can be! All of us have been there. There are times when you hardly get the time to go out, get some sun, and relax!
Therefore, wouldn’t it be great if you had the perfect spray that could provide you with the best looking brown skin you wish for!
This oil may be the one you are looking for if you want to achieve that perfect shade of tan. The best part is, it’s suitable for all skin types, works on the water as well. Hence, you can go dive into the water whenever you want to!
Moreover, this oil works on sensitive skin without creating any reaction. Hence, people with sensitive skin do not need to worry; just get it and start using without any worries!
The best part is, it is pretty easy to apply, takes about two to four hours to set on the skin, and the tan will remain on the skin for days and even up to weeks. So far, users have not complained about the stickiness, scent, or even consistency of the product.
What are you waiting for, then? From my perspective, you should definitely give this tanning oil a try if you have not already! Get some brown shade and show your beautiful bare skin off!
Indeed, this one is the best tanning oil for the beach.
- Australian Natural: Tea Tree Oil
- Aloe Vera: Present
- Bronzers: Melanin, Caramel, Walnut Shell and Carrot Oil Fragrance: Cocoa Dreams fragrance, combined of Coconut, Orange and Vanilla
- Sunscreen: Absent
- Key Ingredients: Kakadu Plum, Tea Tree Oil & Aloe Vera
- Water Resistant: Yes
Firstly, you can only apply it in external parts of your body. However, you should not use it on either damaged or broken skin.
While you are using this product, make sure to keep it out of your eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
In case the product is swallowed, immediately get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- One of its elements tea tree oil works to cleanse for smooth skin gently.
- Aloe Vera plant comprises of exceptional soothing coupled with nourishing ingredients to make skin feel nurtured along with hydrated.
- You can simply remove it with water.
- The various oils mix to convey an instant, natural-looking glow altogether.
- You get to take a quick break with the signature scent of Cocoa Dreams.
- Easy to apply
- May be greasy for some.
- Some may find the liquid sticky instead of dry.
- All users may not appreciate the lack of coconut in fragrance.
- Users should not apply the oil with bare hands. Or else, hands’ color will be changed as well.
2. Best Dark Tanning Oil – Hawaiian Tropic by Hawaiian Silky
Are you looking for the tanning oil that would give you the most natural-looking tan? But offering just that is not enough, is it?
You need a tanning oil that would moisturize your skin, keep skin soft, and smell heavenly while keeping the tanned tone natural. If all those are the criteria you are looking to fulfill, definitely try this one out!
This oil will not only hydrate but also will nourish your skin. Hence, you can be sure that your skin will not dry out or get too oily due to the just-right texture!
You can even use this oil in a tanning bed. You also get to apply this oil outdoors. However, this oil does not contain any sunscreen; therefore, it is best if you use the oil after applying sun blocker on your skin first!
We strongly recommend using this oil in case you have not been able to get the perfect tan you need for days or years!
You need to put a minimal amount and still get the perfect brown skin in a lot less time than average! Besides, the oil will remain on your skin for weeks, so no need to re-apply again and again! On top of that, your skin will smell amazing!
So go ahead and try this best tanning oil for pale skin!
- Size: 8 oz
- Sunscreen: Not only Reef Safe, but also made without oxybenzone and octinoxate
- Formulated with exotic moisturizing ingredients
- Skin conditioners: Present
- Antioxidant vitamins: a, c and e
- Fragrance: Classic coconut
- Product Measurements: 1.3 x 2.8 x 7.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Mineral Oil
- Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut)
- Carica Papaya Fruit Extract
- Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract
- Plumeria Acutifolia (Plumeria) Flower Extract
- Colocasia Antiquorum Root Extract
- Psidium Guajava (Guava) Fruit Extract
- Passiflora Incarnata (Passionflower) Fruit Extract
- Aleurites Moluccana Seed Extract
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract
- Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter
- Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil
- Amyl Acetate
- Organic Fragrance
This product does not comprise of sunscreen. Hence, it cannot protect against sunburn. As a result, repeatedly exposing your unprotected skin during tanning might increase the possibility of skin aging, skin cancer, and other damaging effects even when your skin does not burn.
- Quality product at the price
- Smells amazing
- No skin irritation
- Gives off a natural tan look
- Lasts a long time
- A rare blend of nature’s rich tanning oils
- Some may experience greasy skin after using it.
- Zero sun blocker
- May be too thick for some.
- Challenging to clean off the skin
There is another one with a spray applicator. If you would like to get the spray applicator, click here.
3. Best Self Tanner – Jojoba Soleil Tanning Oil by ArtNaturals
If you are looking for an all-natural tanning oil, this one will be the most suitable for you. This oil is full of many natural oils and will keep your skin feel fresh and nourished.
Moreover, the oils in this product will make your skin brown and make it glow. It does not take much time to provide results and also absorbs into the skin pretty fast. This one should be a visible purchase in case you are looking for that dark, brown, glowing look!
You can apply a little amount and still get the perfect dark shade you are looking for! It will also give you the golden brown shade along with the exotic tropical scent.
On top of all these, you can use this oil as moisturizing oil as well if you want! It will certainly keep your skin soft yet not at all greasy!
So many users around the world have loved this oil. Because of its scent, all-natural elements, and impact on the skin, we will certainly place this oil as one of the Best Self Tanner you Should Try in 2020.
- Art Naturals Soleil Protective Body Tanning Oil combines many botanical oils Ingredients: Safflower, avocado, kukui nut, rice bran, and apricot kernel oils.
- Free: radical: fighting green tea and sea algae
- Can be used with self-tanners;
- Paraben-free and cruelty: free
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Safflower Seed Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Hazel Seed Oil
- Walnut Seed Oil
- Rice Bran Oil
- Apricot Kernel Seed Oil
- Lavender Flower Leaf Stem Extract
- Lemon Peel Extract
- Green Tea Leaf Extract
- Chamomile Flower Extract
- Sea Algae Extract
- Hops Extract
- Cucumber Fruit Extract
- Marigold Flower Extract
- Vitamin E
- Sunflower Seed Oil
- Horsetail Leaf Extract
- Neem Leaf Extract
- Comfrey Leaf Extract
- Gotu Kola Extract
- Chick Weed Extract
- Organic Fragrance
- Its unique mixture of botanical oils helps to produce a deep tan while nourishing the skin.
- Smells very nice
- Its natural oils moisturize and hydrate skin.
- The extracts protect skin against everyday environmental provokers.
- Its formula also tightens and tones the skin.
- Long-lasting tan
- The product may be too greasy for some.
- May burn or irritate some peoples’ skin.
- Some may not like the bottled container.
- Sprays on one line only; no multiple sprays
4. Best Cheap Tanning Oil – Carroten Tanning Oil
Are you sweating to keep pace with your routine? Need a vacation? Need some alone time to chill in the sun? Well, to do that, you need the best tanning oil to give you the shade you desire.
During these busy lives, surely, you do not have the time to go over the names of the ingredients of the oil to determine if this particular oil would be compatible with your skin?
These days everyone is in dire need of the most suitable yet a go-to tanning oil. But is it available to you?
Well. We strongly believe this oil with its gorgeous bronze color can be your next to go tanning oil!
This outdoors only oil will give you the perfect dark tan coupled with a tint of orange color to go with it! Along with that, this oil will not burn your skin while tanning and will give you a dark shade pretty fast.
All you have to do is spatter a sufficient amount evenly in your skin to get the perfect shade of brown! The best part is, you do not need to wait too long to get the color you need! This oil works pretty quickly and will keep your skin tan for a few days.
- Ingredients: Carrot; Tan Express Oil; SPF0; With Vitamins A & E
- Shipping Weight: 10.1 ounces
- Container: Glass bottle
- Fabric coloring elements present
- Paraffinum Liquidum
- C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate
- Arachis Hypogaea Oil
- Alkanna Tinctoria Root Extract
- Ascorbyl Palmitate
- Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract
- Citric Acid
- Cocos Nucifera Oil
- Daucus Carota Sativa Extract
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate
- Glyceryl Oleate
- Glyceryl Stearate
- Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil
- Isopropyl Myristate
- Juglans Regia Shell Extract
- Tagetes Erecta Flower Extract
- Tocopheryl Acetate
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone
- Amyl Cinnamal
- Benzyl Alcohol
- Benzyl Benzoate
- Benzyl Salicylate
- Butylphenyl Methylpropional
- Cinnamyl Alcohol
- Hexyl Cinnamal
- Ci 26100, Ci 60725.
- Works pretty quickly
- Gives skin the perfect amount of moisture!
- Gives and even yet deep tan
- Best Cheap Tanning Oil
- Some may not like the smell
- Some users may experience a burning feeling in their skin
5. Best Tanning Oil for Tanning Bed – Tanning Indoor Oil by Just Nutritive
In case you are looking for an indoor tan that will give faster results and quickly, this is probably the one for you. This tanning oil gives a beautiful dark shade while keeping your skin nourished.
This product consists of so many natural oils that keep skin soft, hydrated, and moisturized. The rich and natural oils will only benefit your skin and nothing else.
You can use it in any outer part of your body without feeling irritated or any burning sensation.
Besides, there is no synthetic coloring or fragrance in this oil; hence you can be sure of the naturalness and purity of the product!
However, this oil does not have any sunblock in it. Therefore, while using, you need to use it along with sunscreen to avoid sunburn. All you need is to apply the oil liberally and re-apply if required.
We strongly believe this chemical, paraben, and mineral oil-free oil will give you dark golden shade pretty fast and will last for days.
Also, you will be happy to know that this oil is waterproof as well. Therefore, you get to dive and swim in the beach while keeping this oil on!
All these features have made this oil not only one of the 10 Best Tanning Oils you Should Try in 2020 but also the best tanning oil for a tanning bed.
- Loaded with nature’s vitamin-rich oils
- Luxurious oils filled with calming exotic island botanicals enriched with Macadamia Nut and Red Raspberry Seed oils
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 8.5 ounces
- Manufactured In The USA
- Tanning Bed Safe – Deep, All Natural Long-Lasting Color
- SPF or Sunscreen: Absent
- Artificial scent or color: Absent
- Macadamia Integrifolia (Macadamia Nut Oil)
- Safflower Oil
- Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil
- Rice Bran Oil
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil
- Red Raspberry Seed Oil
- Olive Oil
- Apricot Kernel Oil
- Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Almond Oil
- Black Cumin Seed Oil
- Sea Buckthorn Oil
- Sesame Seed Oil
- Vitamin E
- Gives off fast Dark Golden Tan That Lasts Longer
- It is perfect for that gorgeous healthy glow and perfect nutritive bronzed tan
- The tan is more profound and quicker
- Keeps skin nourished
- You get to use it easily in both indoors and outdoors!
- Some may find it pricy
- Some users may not like the smell
- The oil may feel heavier to some
6. Best Tanning Oil For Beach – Banana Boat Tanning Oil Spray
When you think about your perfect tanning oil, what are the must-have features you look for? Take a look, for example. Compatible with skin? Amazing bronze color? Pleasant scent? Right texture?
Well, this product has it all! Firstly, its oils of coconut, banana, and carrot coupled with rare banana extract, make the product just what you need for your skin! With so many natural ingredients on it, therefore, you can be sure this oil will do an excellent job of nurturing also hydrating your skin.
One of the best things this oil offers is that it keeps your skin silky but not greasy at all! With its perfect consistency and amazing scent, this oil can be your daily useable product as well, if not a tanning oil.
Along with that, this oil will give you the dark shade you crave without taking much time. The color lasts for a long time, too; hence you do not need to worry about it fading away!
The oil will not give you any burning feeling either; hence no need to worry about that!
- Sunscreen: Reef Safe, also produced without oxybenzone and octinoxate
- Case of three 8-ounce bottles of dark tanning oil (total of 24 ounces)
- Infused with the rare extracts and oils of banana, carrot, and coconut
- SPF odors: No
- Product Dimensions: 7.1 x 2.5 x 1.9 inches ; 8.5 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Perfect for rich, silky, and dark skin
- Moisturizes skin while tanning
- Smells great
- Does not burn
- Gives off a natural tanned look
- Keeps skin smooth while tanning
- Some people may think it’s too expensive
7. Best Tanning Oil For Pale Skin – Maui Island Secret Browning Formula
Often we get into the struggle of having to balance between vacation time and work time. Do you even get enough time just to go out and have a day in the sun? Even to get some tan?
The sad yet true part is, no, we do not. Therefore, all of us look for a simple solution: tanning oil, providing faster results.
As simple as it sounds, finding that one tanning oil that will provide long-lasting color, keep skin nourished and soft, all these in a minimal amount of time seems pretty hard.
But fear not! Since we have the perfect solution for you! We strongly believe this oil can be the solution to all your needs related to tanning. With its natural oils and vitamins, it works great at taking care of your skin. You will look great with your beautiful dark shade coupled with a fantastic scent and soft skin.
The best part is, this oil provides results very fast, and the shade will remain intact on your skin for days. In case you are looking to get tanned as early as possible while keeping your skin condition intact, we strongly recommend giving this oil a try if you have not already!
Last but not least, all these attributes make this oil one of the best tanning oil for fair skin you should Try in 2020.
- 1 Bottle 8 oz. each
- Local natural ingredients are used to prepare Maui Island Secret.
- Item Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- Kukui Nut Oil
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Maui Coffee Bean Extract
- Passion Flower Oil
- Green Tea Extract
- Macadamia Nut Oil
- Aloe Barbadensis Extract.
- Provides users with fast results
- Keeps tan longer than usual
- Smells nice
- Keeps skin moisturized and soft
- You will need minimum exposure to the sun to get the results you are looking for
- May feel like baby oil to some due to the consistency
- Some may think the product is a bit pricy
8. Best Tanning Oil For Sun-bath – Sun Bum Moisturizing Tanning Oil
In case you are looking for a tanning oil that would be your perfect companion while being in the sun, this is surely the one for you. This oil will keep your skin soft, nourished, also protected from sunburn.
You will be happy knowing that this oil will provide visible tan lines in less than a day; also, the color will last longer. All you need to do is apply generously to your desired skin area and relax in the sun. Whereas, it will give you double protection if you use the oil along with sunscreen.
Besides, the oil is water-resistant. Therefore, you can dive into the water and then stay there as long as you want. So you need not have to worry about the tan getting ruined. Moreover, this oil works great on every skin type; hence you can give it a try no matter which types your skin is.
Without a doubt, this oil guarantees a fun family or solitary day in the sun. After considering all these factors, in my opinion, this oil is undoubtedly one of the 10 Best Tanning Oils you should Try in 2020.
Not only that, this one is the best tanning oil for sunbath.
- Color: Oil
- Item Volume 8.5 fluid ounces
- Item Weight 8.5 ounces
- Size 8.5 Ounce
- Style tanning oil
- Product Measurements: 2 x 2 x 7.5 inches ; 8.5 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 9.3 ounces
- Spf 15 Dark Tanning Oil: Broad spectrum is SPF 15 UVA/UVB.
- Moisturizing Sun Protection. Our water-resistant and reef-friendly sun protection is great for all skin types.
- Ingredients: Aloe Vera, Green Tea Butter, Marula, Argan, Coconut and Avocado Oil with original summer scent.
- Protect Your Skin: Its authentic sunscreen line is Hypoallergenic and Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Gluten, Cruelty,
- Smells amazing
- It protective Dark Tanning Oil is just what you need to get bronzed with protection!
- Not too oily unlike other oils
- Tan lasts long
- Some may face irritation and burn in the skin
- Some users’ skin may get dried
9. Best Tanning Gel – Carroten Tan Express
Have you tried out almost all the tanning oils in the market and still have not found the perfect one? Well, we believe we have got the perfect solution for you. We believe this tanning gel is capable of fulfilling all your requirements. Don’t believe us? Keep reading.
As we all know, tanning oils need to keep skin moisturized as well while doing their core job. This tanning gel will not shy away from doing its job; that’s for sure. The consistency is just perfect, and you need a tiny amount to get the color you are yearning for!
Seriously, just put on a tiny amount of the oil. No need to be generous! Even if you spontaneously decide to jump in the water, that’s fine too, as it is water-resistant! Therefore, you can see, there is no need to rethink before trying this product out!
The used ingredients will keep your skin as it is, maybe even in a better condition! In addition to that, it smells pretty fabulous with its tropical scent. Therefore, you get to show off your beautiful golden-colored skin while feeling fantastic!
With all the features this oil offers, you can add this to your shopping list without having any doubt!
In our opinion, this oil is the best tanning oil for sensitive skin.
- Carroten Tan Express- Intensive Tanning Gel 150ml
- Product Measurements: 3.5 x 3.5 x 2.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Petrolatum, Paraffinum Liquidum, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, C30-45 Alkyl Methicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Hexyl Laurate, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Alkanna Tinctoria Root Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Tagetes Erecta Flower Extract, Oleoyl Tyrosine, Butylene Glycol, Oleic Acid, Juglans Regia Shell Extract, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil, Krameria Triandra Root Extract, Arachis Hypogaea Oil, Daucus Carota Extract, Isopropyl Myristate, Beta-Carotene, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenyl Triacetate, Propylparaben, Bht, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin, Farnesol, Linalool, Ci 26100, Ci 60725, Ci 47000
- SPF: Absent
- Quantity in each jar: 5 oz / 150 ml
- Stays in skin even when you are in the water
- Gives off a tropical fragrance
- Stays on the skin really well without even re-applying
- It’s not greasy
- Does not melt when in heat
- May leave a stain on clothes
- Tanning gel does not dry off that easily
- Some users may find the consistency to be too heavy
10. Best Tanning Oil For Outdoor – Australian Gold Carrot Oil Formula
In case you are looking for a tanning oil that would give you the best experience outdoor, we believe this is the one for you. This oil has all the elements you need to provide you with the perfect dark, bronze tanned look and also make your skin smell great!
This oil consists of all-natural ingredients which altogether ensure your skin feels baby soft, remains hydrated and nourished. It works on the water as well, so no need to worry about getting into the water while wearing this oil.
The texture is not too heavy or greasy, so you will not feel like you have applied oil in your body. It has just the right density to make sure you get your desired brown color coupled with its beautiful beachy scent.
It’s straightforward to apply, and you need to put on the minimal possible amount to get the job done. It will not make your skin too dark, just the beautiful dark bronze color you want! It will be just like you were out sunbathing for hours!
The color comes in about two to four hours, and it will last longer. After using this product, you can be sure that you will be getting a lot of compliments on your natural-looking tan!
- Australian Naturals: Kakadu Plum and Tea Tree Oil, both powerful antioxidants,
- Aloe Vera: Present
- Carrot Oil: Rich in antioxidants, calms and moisturizes skin
- Uva And Uvb Protection;
- No Mineral Oil Promotes Tanning
- Scent Name: Spray Oil Sunscreen, Tea Tree and Carrot Oil Formula
- Size: 8 Fl Oz
- Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 2.3 x 7.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.1 ounces
- Fragrance: Take a spontaneous vacation with the signature Cocoa Dreams fragrance, combined of Coconut, Orange and Vanilla
- Specially Formulated: Designed to be PABA Free, Dye Free, Alcohol-Free & Gluten Free
- Animal Testing: No
- The present antioxidants help to protect skin from free radicals
- Aloe Vera has superb relaxing and conditioning properties to make skin feel also nurtured hydrated
- It is not greasy
- Smells great
- Need to apply just a little bit for it to work
- Does not provide results very fast
- Customers looking for too dark tan may not prefer this one
- May dry off too quickly
- Consistency may be too heavy for some
We know we have been going on and on and on talking about the 10 best Tanning Oil You Should try in 2020. Obviously, we have provided you with the most reliable list possible, but we also know that the ultimate experience may vary from person to person.
With that in mind, here we are going to mention some things you should keep in mind while buying your product. As you can already guess, some things are very subjective.
Hence as a buyer, you should always keep those in mind to make sure the product you are buying is the most suitable choice for you. However, you cannot say anything with absolute certainty until you have used the product, we know.
Still, we strongly recommend that you get to know about the following inquiries before making your purchase. For instance,
- What are the used materials in this product?
- Does the oil carry any artificial element?
- Is the oil easy to clean off skin?
- Does the oil carry any ingredient I am allergic to?
- How do I know which oil is the right one for me?
- Does the oil give fast results?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get super tan pretty fast?
Well, you can start by applying a natural oil that tans faster to your skin. For example, olive oil or coconut oil will do the trick. After that, you can lie down uninterrupted in sunlight when the sun shines the brightest. Those hours are usually between 10 am and 4 pm
- Which ones make skin tan faster than average?
Well, although there are numerous amount of natural oils in the market, yet there are some oils that make skin tan faster than others. Hence the answer to this question would be Olive oil, Hazelnut oil, wheat-germ oil, Coconut oil, Avocado Oil, and Sunflower oil, etc.
- Do tanning oils help people tan? If yes, how?
Indeed tanning oils do that. Firstly they attract the ultraviolet rays of the sun, and then they focus the rays onto the skin. You could argue that skin gets enough exposure to the sun to get a natural tan eventually, but the tanning oils quicken the overall process.
- Why do legs tan slower than other parts of the body?
Obviously, we all know melanin is the amount that results in getting tanned skin. However, the skin of the legs creates a lesser amount of melanin than the rest of our body. As a result, legs end up getting less brown than others. Besides, thicker and harder skin of legs protects the legs from getting tanned quickly by creating barriers.
- How often should I apply tanning oil to brown fast?
In case you want to tan quickly, you can take a few steps. To demonstrate, firstly, you can re-apply the oil every 2 hours. We suggest this to especially people who are active and sweat a lot, swim, or dive into the water more often. On the other hand, we vouch for put on tanning oil every 3 to 5 hours in case you do not want to risk over-tanning too rapidly.
- How long does it usually take to tan?
Well, that depends. Although most people in general tan within a few hours, yet it can be subjective. In fact, if you have not put sunscreen with SPF on, you might burn or tan in even 10 minutes! Conversely, there will not be any visible tan right away at times.
- Do I need to shave legs to tan better?
To tell you the truth, it will give you the best results if you shave your legs before tanning. This step is especially essential for spray tanning since smooth skin really is the perfect base you need for tanning. To demonstrate, when you spray tan on unshaved legs, the formula gets stick to the hair follicles. Thus there will be little dots everywhere on your legs. Therefore, we strongly recommend to wax or shave legs at least 24 hours before tanning.
To sum up, we all know how confusing the decision can be, having to choose one tanning oil among when so many others are available.
Therefore, to ease up your agony, below, we have listed the 10 best Tanning Oil You Should try in 2020 that are readily available in the market, waiting to be picked up and used.
While making this list, we have also included things like ingredients, product features coupled with the pros and cons of each. Here, we have used authentic sources and reviews to dig up and provide you with the most reliable information possible.
We certainly do not want you to regret the purchase, especially since it’s regarding your skin.